The Spring 2023 offering of the Science, Technology & Engineering in Policy (STEP) seminar has been extremely interesting and highly engaging thus far. As we approach the mid-semester point, we are taking the opportunity to remind the community that all Virginia Tech affiliates are welcome to join in-person or online. We meet every Friday from noon to 1pm in Norris Hall room 209 and online at https://virginiatech.zoom.us/j/81074678605
Forthcoming sessions are:
- 3/3 – Saul Halfon (Virginia Tech Department of Science, Technology, and Society): What is interdisciplinary anyway?
- 3/17 – Emily Backes (Societal Experts Action Network, National Academies): How do you get research into policy hands in a crisis?
- 3/24 – Amy Kaminski (NASA): Public engagement in science & technology
- 3/31 – Lee Vinsel (Virginia Tech Department of Science, Technology, and Society): Writing and publishing for non-academic audiences
- 4/7 – Nina Federoff (Emeritus Evan Pugh Professor, Penn State University): Translating research science for federal diplomacy
- 4/14 – Student op-ed share
- 4/21 – Summary session
- 4/28 – Conclusion